Enjoy both the beautiful and effectiveness of Dipam's Citronella Candle with natural citronella essential oil. Made of 100% pure beeswax and citronella essential oil, without any natural or artificial additives.
1.5" tall x 2.5" diameter tin.
Made in the Netherlands by Dipam.
About In our little factory in the Dutch town of Driebergen we love to create something beautiful out of nature’s gifts. That is what the world of Dipam is all about: nature, people and candles made of pure sunlight. In 1983 Jos Willemse started a project to help people get back on track. It gradually grew into a unique enterprise. The centuries-old craft of making bees wax candles turned out to be a wonderful way to gain work experience, social skills and self-confidence. A Tibetan monk who came to visit the company at the time gave it its name: Dipam, light that cannot go out.
Today, our small traditional factory in Driebergen still feels like a home away from home. We make bees wax candles, rapeseed wax candles and other bees wax products here. Together we are a colourful mix of people who make, pack, sell and distribute beautiful, natural products. Everyone at Dipam – from candle makers to the manager, from packers to administrative staff – is challenged to keep developing themselves and the company.
Making a profit is not our goal. Making beautiful, sustainable candles together. That is what it is all about for us. That’s why we have made sure that no one can ever buy or sell Dipam. We are our own company. We combine part of our profit with the profits of other companies that share our views. This is done through the Sleipnir foundation. Thus, we create social venture capital with which these companies help each other to innovate, to develop sustainable products, and to let people and the nature around us flourish. Without the intervention of banks or shareholders.
Did you know this about ordinary candles?
Tips for safe and pleasant use
A burning bees wax candle is a living light. And living light requires your care and attention. Here you can read how to use a (burning) bees wax candle wisely.
For everyone’s safety, at least stick to these rules:
- Do not leave bees wax candles burning unattended, as with any other candles.
- Do not place your bees wax candles too close together or next to another heat source.
- Do not leave children and animals alone in a room where a candle is burning.
- Make sure that the flame from your bees wax candle is kept away from flammable materials.
Tips for your own enjoyment
- Avoid draughts. Beeswax candles will also soot, drip and burn unevenly.
- If a bees wax candle burns unevenly, you can carefully bend the burning wick.
- In order to burn beautifully and evenly – especially with bigger candles – it is important that the entire surface becomes liquid every time. So let the candle burn for a long enough time.
- If the rim around the wick is too high, the candle might not burn as nicely. You should therefore cut the rim when the candle has just gone out and the bees wax still feels warm.
- The ideal length for a wick is about 1 cm. A longer wick will usually soot. If it does, cut it back to 1 cm.
- Do not place the candle in direct sunlight or near a heat source such as a stove, so the candle doesn’t lose its shape.
- Soot and smoke-free extinguishing the candle is done by pressing the burning wick into the liquid bees wax. Do this with a quick, controlled movement. Then straighten it again. This will prevent the candle from smouldering. Moreover, this will make it easier to light your Dipam candle again.
White dusting on a bees wax candle?
Congratulations! Your candle consists of 100% pure bees wax. A white dusting only occurs on bees wax candles of the highest quality. It will form naturally over time, especially at lower temperatures. The white dusting can easily be removed with a soft cloth.