by Sanjay Patel
A 21st century retelling of a 2500-year old story
One of Hindu mythology's best-loved and most enduring tales gets a modern touch: Artist and veteran Pixar animator Sanjay Patel lends a lush, whimsical illustration style and lighthearted voice to one of Hindu mythology's best-loved and most enduring tales. Teeming with powerful deities, love-struck monsters, flying monkey gods, magic weapons, demon armies, and divine love, Ramayana: Divine Loophole tells the story of Rama, a god-turned-prince, and his quest to rescue his wife Sita after she is kidnapped by a demon king.
• Illustrated tale features over 100 colorful full-spread illustrations, a detailed pictorial glossary of the cast of characters who make up the epic tale, and sketches of the work in progress
• An ancient mythology with timeless, essential and meaningful themes
• Sanjay Patel is the author of The Little Book of Hindu Deities while an animator and storyboard artist for Pixar Animation Studios, he worked on numerous films, including Monsters, Inc. ; A Bug's Life; Toy Story 2; Ratatouille; The Incredibles; and Toy Story 3. His short film Sanjay's Super Team was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Animated Short Film
Fans of Sanjay Patel's The Little Book of Hindu Deities: From the Goddess of Wealth to the Sacred Cow and Ganesha's Sweet Tooth will be entranced by the images and story in Ramayana: Divine Loophole. Fans who love Greek mythology, Celtic mythology, roman mythology, Chinese mythology, and mythological creatures books will enjoy this timeless story from another ancient culture.
From princesses in peril to gripping battles, scheming royals, and hordes of bloodthirsty demons, Ramayana: Divine Loophole is the ultimate adventure story presented with an unforgettably modern touch.
• Great book for the entire family to enjoy together
• An engaging way to teach children about Hindu mythology
Hardcover, 186 pages.
Sanjay Patel is an animator and storyboard artist for Pixar Animation Studios, where he has worked on features that include Monsters, Inc., A Bugs Life; Toy Story 2; and The Incredibles. He has also worked on The Simpsons for Fox and with legendary cartoonist John K., creator of Ren and Stimpy."